华东师范大学 East China Normal University (ECNU)
East China Normal University (ECNU) is recognized as one of Shanghai’s top public research universities under the patronage of the Ministry of Education, and is included in China’s national education projects, “Project 211” and “Project 985”. In regards to its global outlook, ECNU values its cooperation and exchanges with international counterparts, such as its strategic cooperative partnerships with world-renowned universities, such as he ENS Group of France, New York University, University of Virginia, and Cornell University in the U.S.A.
As of March 2018, the university has enrolled 14,856 full-time undergraduates, 2,969 doctoral students, 16,327 postgraduates and 2,274 international students.
- Standard Chinese Program: The standard Chinese language program is designed for students who want to know more about Chinese culture and improve their Chinese language skills.The classes stress the equal importance of listening, speaking, reading and writing Chinese in order to lay a solid foundation for students on the basis of practicality.
Time of class: From Mon. to Fri., 20 class hours a week(45min/class hour)
- Intensive Chinese Program:
- Intensive courses at a faster pace, intended for those who want to learn the most in the shortest time.
- Focusing on the improvement of listening, speaking, reading and writing skills, integrated with innovative teaching methodology, like games, activities and multi-media.
- In the form of small group instruction, less than 25 students in one class.
- Diverse courses, meeting the different needs of students.
- Systematic and strict management, caring about the learning efficiency and feedback of the students.
- Frequent lectures, cultural activities and group competitions, creating a positive as well as comfort language study atmosphere.
- Chinese-English Bilingual Program
- Improve both Chinese and English levels at the same time.
- In the form of small group instruction with less than 25 students in one class.
- Some English classes instructed by native speakers in a total immersion and easy-going atmosphere.
- High-tech teaching modle enables learning through a practical and interesting way.
- Business Chinese Program
This featured language program is designed for those who will or have already engaged in business career under Chinese-related background. We customize a series of courses to help you obtain a larger vocabulary and specialized knowledge of business purpose. Through this program, the students’ capabilities of listening, speaking, reading and writing centred around business Chinese’s proficiency would be greatly improved at the same time. The diverse classes fit the pragmatic needs and use for the students, who will learn appropriate and idiomatic expressions, as well as grasp practical communication skills in business surroundings.
- Beginners’ Class of April
Course contents include Pinyin, elementary vocabulary, grammar, as well as basic daily communication skills.
General Visiting Program
Senior Visiting Program
- Study China Program (4 weeks)
The four-week Study China Summer Program offers intensive small-class Chinese language course, Chinese cultural class, and an optional trip to Beijing. Student will be able to obtain a better understanding of Chinese culture and society and experience different types of city life.
- Winter Chinese Language Program
The courses focus on the improvement of listening, speaking, reading and writing skills, integrated with innovative teaching methodology, like games, activities and multimedia.
In the form of small group instruction, around 20 students in one class.
Diverse courses, meeting the different needs of students.
Systematic and strict management, caring about the learning efficiency and feedback of the students.
In order to let students get to konw the culture and history in Southern part of China,will organize a one-day trip to Xi tang(a famous water town near Shanghai) on Jan.4(Sat).
- Custom-tailored Program
East China Normal University has set up regular short-term programs with many foreign universities and educational institutions every year, like the UC system, University of Virginia, Colorado State University, University of Delaware, CIEE, etc. Besides, it has successfully undertaken the Study China Program sponsored by the British Government since 2008, over 1000 British students have come to study through this program during the past 8 years. The content of the tailored program can be planed and adjusted upon mutual negotiation on the way of its cooperation, study period, teaching language, and curriculum.
- Summer Language Course Program
- One of the most prestigious universities in China
- Chinese language instruction available for all proficiency levels
- Life experience in dynamic, cosmopolitan city
- About 10-20 students per class
- Mixture of International Students
- Placement test
- CIS-Home Stay Program
This Four-week Program is designed to help foreign students to understand better of China’s current changes and developments, as well as the standard living of ordinary Chinese families. This will provide an in-depth study and experience in Shanghai’s unique charm of “a wonderful fusion between traditional and modern “.
This program will be made up of small groups of classmates to help international students have both a strong studying environment as well as be fully induced in all aspects of Chinese language, culture and traditions. Classes have been arranged to include several Shanghai business visits and lectures to help experience all of China’s most powerful economic pulses. This will also bring the outstanding Chinese and foreign students together in which they can pair up for a one-on-one and promote the exchanges and mutual understandings between on another. The Most Important parts of this project is to show the local quality of life within the two-weeks home-stay experience and establish a “Temporary parent-child relationship and understanding” concept. Through the “basic necessities” all-round, a prolonged contact throughout the program allows students to experience a real-life close-depth situation in an ordinary Chinese family, thereby depicting the acceptance of authentic Chinese culture and influence.
- 2019 OBOR International Chinese Language Education Seeded Teacher Certificate Program
The program is intended to train seeded teachers of Chinese Language Education for OBOR(One Belt and One Road) countries, introducing Chinese language and Chinese culture in order to promote multi-national understanding and exchanges. The program aims to foster seeded teachers who are engaged in local Chinese language education, contributed to cope with the shortage of highly qualified Chinese teachers in OBOR countries. The program will help to enhance their expertise on Chinese language education, improving their teaching skills so as to enable them to be more confident in their teaching career.
- International Development: Internship Program
This course focuses on the theories and facts about basic education as well as Chinese educational system. Through this course, students will be enabled to command the theories of education, facts on Chinese modern society and issues, etc. The course is composed of a series of themed lectures, such as Philosophy and Thoughts of Chinese Education, History of Chinese Education, Consciousness and Mental Development Characteristics of the Youth, Development Trend of China’s Urban and Rural Areas, Education Equality in Different Regions, Policies and Challenges in Chinese Basic Education and so on.
Location: Covering a total area of 207 hectares, one of the campus locations is situated in the Minhang district of Shanghai (address: No. 500, Dongchuan Road, Shanghai) and the other is located in the district of Putuo in Shanghai (address: No. 3663, Zhongshan Road North, Shanghai).
Global Education Center
Tel：021-62232013/ 021-62238353 Email：firstname.lastname@example.org